Sunday, January 3, 2010

Happy New Year

The new year came with fireworks in Seattle.
Since it is the biggest celebration typically spent with family in Japan, I prepared some traditional food but I could not get much spirit of the season I usually have.
Probably because I stayed up for the fire works the night before,
and I did not get the refreshing feel of the new beginning. 
I started thinking about resolution for the year ahead, and eventually ended up with a long list
full of basic things that sound too familiar. Let's see how long I can keep them...


Here are some things we enjoyed for the new year. 
The view from my apartment : I like Seattle for the beautiful mountains like this as well as the city.





























The sushi that we shared with friends at our favourite restaurant "Shiro's".
(Shiro-san, the owner, has been making sushi in Seattle since 1967!)
I'm glad they liked both sushi and cooked dishes there.




























The cheese cake of Jamie Oliver's recipe as always.
I have an assistant, my husband, who did most of the job.
Good pairing with the fresh black berry sauce.




4 comments:

  1. Mmmmm how lovely your cheese cake looks!!
    I thought the picture was taken in a cafe or in a restaurant! it looks sooooo delisious!
    (and i'm a fan of Jamie Oliver too.)

    Happy new year and look forward to your photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy new year, Shio-san :)
    A bit embarrassing the cake is not cut well.
    I don't have a SLR and the quality of photos can be inconsistent, but will try my best.
    Wonder what Jamie's recipe you like...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually I used to watch his TV show about changing school dinners menu to a good quality. I remember the school dinners in England were so disgusting... pity Jamie didn't show up to our school for an innovation!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The show sounds interesting!
    We often use his book "Cook with Jamie", but recently found his website full of recipes - as you might know.

    ReplyDelete