Sunday, January 31, 2010

Mémorandum de Français

Today's brunch was at a popular Vietnamese restaurant in Chinatown. I had a Pho Ga, chicken noodle soup with bean sprouts, mint, lime, etc. The food was better than the last time, but something was missing - it must be the spices that gives depth to the broth.
I learned about the spices when I was in Ho Chi Minh City on holiday back in 2003. I visited a friend of mine living there, Shio-san, who is now teaching French in Tokyo. Since I met her at university, it has always been inspiring and encouraging to see how she lives true to herself. I often check out her blog with her thoughts, topics on French language and culture and yummy photos. Here is the website. Enjoy!
http://shiofrancais.blogspot.com/

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for your introducing my site. I remember how naughty we were in Saigon together!! It really was a wicked time having you. I met recently some of my Saigonese friends you may have met too, at Vietnamese Festival in Yoyogi Park; pity you weren't there but why not next year! Love your picture of a nice bowl of pho...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, we had such a great time there :) Thanks to you and your friends I could explore the city more. The festival sounds fun! I still keep the paper cutting art from the cultural festival in Saigon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ayaco,

    This soup looks delicious. I would like to find a nice vietnamese restaurant at Minneapolis. I will look for it.
    I saw the blog of your firend, since sounds interesting, unfortunetly I couldn't understand, not french not even think about japanese.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ludmila! Thanks for visiting :) Unfortunately her blog is only in Japanese at this time. I have been eating Vietnamese noodles quite frequently. There are lots of Asian restaurants in Seattle including dim sum using fresh seafood!

    ReplyDelete